Saturday, July 27, 2013

Text + Phone Call = Change Our Lives Forever

On Wednesday morning, my sister, Carrie, sent me a text telling me about an agency that was trying to place an almost 1 year old boy with Down Syndrome.  My heart did a flip!  This is something I have been praying about for months, years and even since I was in high school.  I knew that God had given me a special burden for Down Syndrome children.  I felt God's call to one day adopt a Down Syndrome.

I called Celebrate Children International and bombarded the poor lady with questions.  They were looking for a "paper ready" family (which we were not).  They needed a committed family right away, so they could keep him in their facility.  If not, he would be moved to a lesser situation.

Matt came home for lunch and I know he was not prepared for what I was going to put out on the table!  I shared with him about the phone call.  He left to go back to work and said, "Make some phone calls."  I spent the afternoon calling places to see if anyone could do an International Home Study quickly (which is almost unheard of).  There are so many steps and it typically takes around 3 months to complete.  No one seemed to be able to accommodate our situation, so we assumed this was a closed door.

We went to bed praying that if this was God's will, He would clearly direct us and move mountains.

No comments:

Post a Comment